PH 6½-6 Henningsen, Christensen & Frandsen
An enormous vintage PH chandelier designed in 1979 and made in the Early-1980s.
Henningsen's original four-shade light was launched in 1931. This piece is an example of the redesigned four-shade light achieved by two Danish architects – Sophus Frandsen and Ebbe Christensen – for the Charlottenborg exhibition building in Copenhagen, 1979.
One of Hennigsen's professional missions was to create pendants with glare-free light. Towards this end Christensen & Frandsen added the small blue shade seen in this design. The more matte surface finish, to achieve a more even and comfortable light (ideal for museums or any room with high ceilings), was also the initiative of the architects.
In reasonably good vintage condition.
Diameter: 65 cm
Height: 50 cm
Weight: 8.2 kg